LOCAL BOARDS OF ELECTIONS
In Maryland, a board of supervisors of elections was formed first in Baltimore City in 1876 (Chapter 223, Acts of 1876). By 1892, boards of supervisors of elections were authorized for all the counties (Chapter 701, Acts of 1892). These boards were renamed boards of elections effective January 1, 1999 (Chapter 585, Acts of 1998). Members are appointed to four-year terms by the Governor with Senate consent.
Calvert County Board of Elections, County Services Plaza, 150 Main St., Prince Frederick, Maryland, July 2006. Photo by Diane F. Evartt.
© Copyright July 06, 2007 Maryland State Archives
Maryland Manual On-Line, 2007
July 6, 2007
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites. View the current Manual